Originally named Taylorsville to honor Edward M. Taylor, an official of the Houston Belt and Terminal RR when the townsite was first laid out in 1876 in southeastern Williamson County. First public school in 1883, the first water works in 1882, and the first churches were built in 1878; incorporated in 1882. Today the town is a center for agribusiness and an industrial area with plants making furniture, clothing, bedding and many other products.
Two municipal parks provide swimming pools, picnic areas,, and
other recreational activities. Taylor Country Club's 9 hole golf
course is open to the public.
Back to Main | Advertiser's Index | City Index