TAFT

Population 3,244

Altitude 34.


General

Established in early 1900's on the San Antoinio and Aransas Pass Rail Road in east central Patricio County. The town was named after Charles Taft of the Coleman-Fulton Pasture Co. for which the station was a shipping point. Other partners in the enterprise were named Mathis, Fulton, and Sinton--all of whom have towns named for them also. Today's economy is based on agriculture and diversified industries.


Attractions

Back to Main | Advertiser's Index | City Index