SULPHUR SPRINGS

Population 14,548

Altitude 530


General

The Post Office was first known as Bright Star, but changed its name to Sulphur Springs in 1971 for the many mineral springs in the area. Leading dairy county in the U.S. with some 490 dairies. Also extensive beef cattle production, as well as center for national and regional manufacturing facilities. Hopkins County Regional Civic Center Complex includes meeting rooms, theater/auditorium, livestock exhibition area, indoor rodeo arena. Romanesque Revival 1894 Hopkins County courthouse is almost identical to those in Wise and Ellis counties. Original cost of the impressive red granite and limestone structure was $75,000.


Attractions

Back to Main | Advertiser's Index | City Index