San Patricio County seat was established in 1885 as a station
on San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad. Greatest population
surge came in 1909 when several large ranches divided into smaller
farms; resulting diversity of agriculture still apparent. Small
downtown park with picnic area. 300 acres Rob and Bessie Welder
Park with playground, golf, tennis, swimming pool, and small lake;
Located east of U.S. 181 north.
Back to Main | Advertiser's Index | City Index