SCHULENBURG

Pop. 2,533

Alt. 344

General

Established in 1873 as GH&SA Railroad (now part of Southern Pacific) was moving west, town was named for Louis Schulenburg who donated land for depot. Schulenburg is a German word meaning "school town." German-Czech heritage is reflected in offerings of city's eating establishments.

Wolters Park, at the south end of Bohlmann Street, includes area for picnicking, rest rooms and other recreational facilities. Also includes Jacob Wolter's 1835 log cabin.

City lies along the Texas Pioneer Trail covering four country area; noted for many historic buildings, homes, and historical markers. Chamber of commerce at 101-B Kessler Ave. (US.77) has information and maps.

Attractions

Back to Main | Advertiser's Index | City Index