Established 1892 as county seat of newly created Cottle County;
named for Paducah, Ky, home town of county surveyor and county
attorney. In 1893 town consisted of two stores, school house,
and saloon that doubled as a church on Sunday. On Christmas Day,
1909, Quanah, Acme and Pacific RR reached the site and town was
incorporated the next year. Today serves as supply and distribution
point for region's petroleum and agribusiness interests.
Back to Main | Advertiser's Index | City Index