Founded 1923; post office established 1924. Became seat of Cochran
County when county organized in 1924. Today banking, market and
shipping center for county. Products include petroleum, cotton,
cattle and feed.
- C.C. SLAUGHTER RANCH HEADQUARTERS-Adobe building placed
to form a quadrangle, part of once extensive headquarters complex
of cattle baron who established ranching empire. Still ranch
headquarters; visitors welcome. Two miles south on Texas 214;
one mile west on F.M. 1169 (not shown on most maps).
Back to Main | Advertiser's Index
| City Index