Established 1882 at junction of St. Louis Narrow Gauge and Santa
Fe Railroads 14 miles west of Waco. Originally named McGregor
Springs in honor of Dr. G.C. McGregor. Historic downtown district
dates from 1900. McGregor Mirror office displays original printing
equipment used in 1883 to publish McGregor Plaindealer. Industries
include Hercules naval weapons plant producing solid rocket motors
and missiles, and A&M beef cattle research station.
Back to Main | Advertiser's Index | City Index