Named for George Washington Littlefield, cattle baron and philanthropist who bought and developed southern Yellowhouse Division of famed XIT Ranch. Townsite first surveyed in 1912 and became station on Panhandle and Santa Fe Railroad a year later. Now banking, commercial and manufacturing center; seat of Lamb County. More than 300,000 farm acres are irrigated; chief crops are cotton and grain' large ranches and livestock feeding lots. Large textile mill converts enough West Texas cotton into denim each year to make 19 million blue jeans.
City park has picnicking, free overnight camping with hookups.
Back to Main | Advertiser's Index | City Index