Extensive advertising by Texan Land and Emigration Co. in 1845 – 50, made this part of Peters Colony perhaps the best known of all Texas settlements at the time. Many Dallas County firsts are credited here, including the first church, first school and blacksmith shop. Population in 1946 was 800; the City’s growth parallels most Dallas suburbs. Farmers Branch is the home of 21 Fortune 500 companies as well as Brookhaven College.
The 1890 Old Church; 1877 Depot and
1890s all-wood Caboose; 1900 one-room School House; 1840s Log Culture
area; 1885 Queen Anne Victorian
Cottage; 1930s replica Marathon Service Station housing a 1936 Ford
cab-over-engine truck; and 1937 Dodson House.
Mon - Thurs. 9:30 am - 6 pm; Sat and Sun: Noon - 6 pm
Park closed: Fridays, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day