Established as county seat of Terry County in 1904; named for
Col. Benjamin Franklin Terry, Confederate leader of Terry's Texas
Rangers. Principal incorporated town in county, situated at intersection
of five highway routes. Retail, medical, and commercial center
for crop, livestock, and oil-producing area.
- COLEMAN PARK - 44 acre recreation site offers picnicking,
swimming pool, playground, and travel trailer campsites available
free for up to four days. South of city limits along U.S. 62/385.
- TERRY COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM - Local heritage displays,
pioneer kitchen, artifacts. Open winter Mon. - Fri. 11 a.m. to
2 p.m., Sat. 1 to 5 p.m. summer Mon. - Fri. 1 to 4 p.m. , Sat.
1 to 5 p.m.; Sun. 2 to 4 p.m. In restored A.M. Brownfield Home,
600 East Cardwell. 806-637-2467.
Back to Main | Advertiser's Index
| City Index